Why Start Events from a pool cannot be pointed to tasks from another pool

When I create a pool with a start event and I link it to the task from another pool, the only arrow that can be created is from the task to the start event. For me it was supposed to be the other way around, the same way that I can only part from the start event and point to a task when they are in the same pool. The same issue is happening with the end event. Is there any specific reason for this?

The Message Flow Connection Rules are defined by the BPMN 2.0 specification (chapter 7.5.2, page 43 and following).

Thanks Niklas! However the specification doesn’t specify the message flow (considering that they are in different pools) from a start event to a task. For me it still seems like a bug.

Isn’t it this one?

But this one is not mentioning the start event, only the message in and message out. If whatever is not on the table is not supposed to connect, we shouldn’t be able to connect the start event with a task from a different pool. The problem is that the arrows that are allowed for both start event and end event to a task in a different pool seem to be reversed.