The browser zoom out doesnt work when using bpmn keyboard controls

Hi There,

I have added below line of code for keyboard controls.
keyboard: { bindTo: document },
Issue is happening when user uses browser (command and + ),(command and -)the latter has issue only canvas zooms out but not whole page.When i removed the keyboard binding issue is resolved.
is it known bug ? and we will need keyboard controls ,so removing keyboard bindings will not be helpful.Any help or suggestion would be highly appeciated.Thank you !

Issue is happening when user uses browser (command and + ),(command and -)the latter has issue only canvas zooms out but not whole page

So the canvas is zooming in and out when you press CMD/CTRL + “+” and CMD/CTRL + “-” ?

Kapture 2020-10-20 at 08.36.29

That’s not a bug but the zoom features we provide.

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for the reply.
the behavior for zoom in ,zooms the entire page along with canvas but when we do zoom out, it only zoom outs the canvas.
I feel the zoom in/out should be either consistent to just canvas or whole page.Because for zoom(+)it does for whole page and for zoom (-)just the canvas, that’s bit odd.
So, is it possible to rectify it ? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Freda Pinto

I can’t reproduce this on BPMN Editor | bpmn-js modeler Demo | demo.bpmn.io. It is always consistent for me depending on what I focus on (the page or the canvas).

Can you maybe share a screen where you observe this behavior? Or even a code sandbox?

Hi Niklas,

You can reproduce the behavior in standard open or create new canvas option in bpmn.io page ,when you use keyboard (cmd and + key) and (cmd and - key) for (cmd and - key) only canvas zooms out but not whole page.
Would you please try it once ? if still it works fine for you,please help me how to add video in here,i tried couldnt attach it,or we can setup a quick call on webex.
Thank you.

If you really think this is a recurring bug, please open an issue on bpmn-js with a detailed description (also important what you’re focussing with your mouse), the browser you are using, and preferably a screencast. We will then try to reproduce it.