Smashed diagrams, after importing Bizagi diagrams into desktop modeler 1.11.3


#1

Hello

Reusable Subprocess - Funktionalität des Systems sicherstellen.bpmn (46.3 KB)
Main Process - Service Distributoren.bpmn (307.2 KB)

I’ve tested the import functionality several times with Bizagi models. It always worked out, until now. And I’d like to stress, that I am willing to even pay for it, just to save the hours we worked on it. So… I hope somebody can save my butt.

So after the modeling session ended, I saved all four(could upload only two for this post) diagrams. But this time I could not reopen any of them. I get the following error log output.

Error log for the file "Main process - … .bpmn"

Imported BPMN diagram with 9 warnings  [warning]
> unparsable content <dataStore> detected
	line: 2
	column: 66
	nested error: unknown type <dc:DataStore>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 6
	column: 92
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 1694
	column: 77
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 1856
	column: 77
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 2433
	column: 77
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 2899
	column: 77
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <collaboration> detected
	line: 2965
	column: 91
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Collaboration>  [warning]
> unparsable content <process> detected
	line: 3042
	column: 53
	nested error: unknown type <dc:Process>  [warning]
> unparsable content <BPMNDiagram> detected
	line: 3068
	column: 65
	nested error: unknown type <dc:BPMNDiagram>  [warning]
 
failed to import content for file "Main Process - Service Distributoren.bpmn"  [error]
no diagram to display  [error]

One workaround that worked partially
The file “Reusable Subprocess - Funktionalität des Systems sicherstellen.bpmn” was recovered, because the online editor was able to open the diagram. I then downloaded the file from the online editor. The Desktop editor was able to open that file. Unfortunately, this workaround did not do the trick for the other three models.

My question
Is there anything I can do, to make the the editor at least render the XML data, so I can create a new file?

This is it :slight_smile:
Thank you, Robert


#2

Hi Robert,

to better understand your issue, please be specific about what you did in which order:

  • Where did you export from?
  • Where did you edit the diagrams?
  • Are the diagrams you’ve attached results of modeling with our toolkit or results of a Bizagi export?

#3

Here is a video file to demonstrate.

To put the video in words

  • Exported from bizagi as bpmn file
  • After importing into camunda modeler I made some corrections
  • The diagrams I’ve uploaded were created by the camunda modeler.

#4

If we could save the main file, that’d be swell. If not… well… I’ll survive :wink: I should’ve been more careful :confused:

Main Process - Service Distributoren.bpmn


#5

#6

Hint

  • Import bizagi file into Camunda
  • Do not change anything and save immediately
  • Now you can reopen the saved file.

#7

This is interesting.

If I use the online editor at bpmn.io I can import, make changes, save the file, and open again. No problems there.


#8

Good news
I managed to correct the XML code to a point, where the online editor would open the file. This is literally the meaing of the german saying “Ein blindes Huhn findet auch mal ein Korn”.

PUUUH


#9

So long story short:

Camunda Modeler 1.11.3 has issues dealing with certain BPMN 2.0 exports that contain nested, anonyomous namespace definitions:

<BPMNShape id="DiagramElement_5b016bfb-6035-402e-b68b-7f93366253dd" ...>
  <extension xmlns="http://www.omg.org/spec/DD/20100524/DI" />
  <Bounds x="3761" y="1555" width="90" height="60" xmlns="http://www.omg.org/spec/DD/20100524/DC" />
  <BPMNLabel id="DiagramElement_edf45f87-021f-4370-8d9f-9299d03c41a8" ...>
    <extension xmlns="http://www.omg.org/spec/DD/20100524/DI" />
    <Bounds x="0" y="0" width="0" height="0" xmlns="http://www.omg.org/spec/DD/20100524/DC" />
  </BPMNLabel>
</BPMNShape>

That issue got addressed with Camunda Modeler v1.12.0 (released last week) and in our toolkits (released end of last year).

The Bizagi export still has a couple of issues such as missing visual bpmn:DataObjectReference elements to represent modeled data objects. This is why you see quite a long list of warnings on demo.bpmn.io:

image


#10

jesus christ. I downloaded the latest version today, and used the old one. … great Robert :slight_smile:

Thanks :slight_smile: