Removing a template from a sequence flow doesn't work

I’ve implemented a widget that allows to remove a template from a single selected element in the canvas. It works as expected for tasks and start events, but not for sequence flows. For the latter, it just doesn’t do anything.

Here is a snippet on how we do that:

modeler.get('elementTemplates').removeTemplate(element);

There is no error message or anything, it just doesn’t remove the template.

Is that a known issue?

Are you able to apply the element template in the first place? As far as I know we don’t officially support element templates for connections.

Yes, applying the template to connections is no problem, it works as expected.

I’d check the version of first, since is part of that API. Since it works for tasks and events but silently does nothing for sequence flows, it may be related to template support or how the connection element is handled. A minimal sequence-flow example would probably help narrow it down.