Prettier BPMN Diagram?

Hello, people !
I’m trying to include the BpmnJS in my Angular application. I generate the xml file by using flowable java library and autolayout. Now the BPMN diagram is this:

Is there any way to make the diagram prettier without touch the xml ? For example the text above the sequential flow to not stayed on the other text…
Thank you.

What kind of layout algorithm is this? Not very helpful. The topic of creating layouts automatically isn’t a trivial one. I’m not aware if any out-of-the-box solution currently.

1 Like

In java I built org.flowable.bpmn.model.BpmnModel and after that I used org.flowable.bpmn.converter.BpmnXMLConverter#convertToXML method. Finally I do this:

BpmnAutoLayout autoLayout = new BpmnAutoLayout(bpmnModel);
autoLayout.execute();

BpmnAutoLayout from import org.flowable.bpmn.BpmnAutoLayout;

1 Like

Looking at the results, this auto-layout feature doesn’t seem to be very useful.

1 Like

Will i be able to fix it with overlays from the library ?

Will i be able to fix it with overlays from the library ?

Automatic layouting is not possible, but you can use a manual approach and bpmn-js layouting tools to make your life easier:

Recording 2022-11-11 at 09.24.33

2 Likes

Thank you, I think that this will help me, but can I make this into the code - is there any plugin or provider that will do this automatically ?

There is an old project created by a former colleague: GitHub - bpmn-io/bpmn-auto-layout: Layout BPMN diagrams, generating missing DI information. Unfortunately this project isn’t maintained and quite limited in its functionality.

1 Like