Issue in importing bpmn files in IBM BPM

hello,
I have 65 bpmn files generated in IBM BPM tool. These are bpmn 2.0 compliant.
For importing these files here online, Import warning “unresolved reference Approval:bpmnid-6ffbf959-2142-4fa3-908c-cb3d06be9a08

I am not able to upload file and will try to attach on topic later. Please help resolving issue or providing work around.

Thanks and regards,
Yogesh

The warning message indicates an unresolved reference in one of the BPMN files you are trying to import. This could be due to misspelled or incorrect references, a missing element, or incorrect import statements. To resolve the issue, you can check the BPMN file for errors and warnings, search for the missing element, and verify the import statements. If none of these work, you may need to manually update the referenced element in the BPMN file. Once resolved, you should be able to import the files without any issues.

2 Likes

hello, Thank you !
in below example, i am getting errors for all references to 'attachedToRef=“Process:bpmnid-8df7bf84-a4bb-4522-ac04-9a17db5e57ef”

Any idea what might be going wrong here ?

<bpmn:process id=“bpmnid-7d1047c1-6f22-4501-ada3-5e1bd996f035” name=“CIC Process” isClosed=“false” processType=“None”>
<bpmn:userTask id=“bpmnid-8df7bf84-a4bb-4522-ac04-9a17db5e57ef” name=“Client Authorization”/>
<bpmn:boundaryEvent id=“bpmnid-37ebb002-1a19-42dd-98ec-0d2cfe8428d5” name=“Untitled1” attachedToRef=“Process:bpmnid-8df7bf84-a4bb-4522-ac04-9a17db5e57ef” cancelActivity=“false”>
bpmn:timerEventDefinition/

hello Gargi,
Thank you very much. My issue is resolved and it was due to wrong reference id where “process:” word was getting before actual reference id.

Now on BPMN,IO editor, i do see message -

“Ooops, we could not display that diagram.
You believe your input is valid BPMN 2.0 XML?
Consult our forum or file an issue with the details shown below.”

As i mentioned, these files are created using export in IBM BPM which is BPMN 2 compatible.

Appreciate any help or guidance here.

thanks, Yogesh Khandge

using System;
using System.Net.Http;
using System.Net.Http.Headers;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

public class jBPMIntegration
{
private static readonly HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

static async Task Main(string[] args)
{
    // Configure HttpClient
    client.BaseAddress = new Uri("http://your-jbpm-server:8080/jbpm-rest-api/");
    client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Clear();
    client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Add(new MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"));

// Set authentication credentials if required
    // client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue("Basic", Convert.ToBase64String(System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes($"{username}:{password}")));

try
    {
        // Call jBPM REST API endpoints
        await StartProcess();
        await GetTaskList();
        // ... add more API calls as needed
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        Console.WriteLine($"Error: {ex.Message}");
    }
}

static async Task StartProcess()
{
    var endpoint = "runtime/{deploymentId}/process/{processId}/start";
    var deploymentId = "your-deployment-id";
    var processId = "your-process-id";

var request = new HttpRequestMessage(HttpMethod.POST, endpoint.Replace("{deploymentId}", deploymentId).Replace("{processId}", processId));
    var response = await client.SendAsync(request);

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Process started successfully.");
    }
    else
    {
        Console.WriteLine($"Failed to start process. Error: {response.StatusCode}");
    }
}

static async Task GetTaskList()
{
    var endpoint = "task/query";
    var request = new HttpRequestMessage(HttpMethod.POST, endpoint);
    var response = await client.SendAsync(request);

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
    {
        var tasks = await response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
        Console.WriteLine($"Task List: {tasks}");
    }
    else
    {
        Console.WriteLine($"Failed to get task list. Error: {response.StatusCode}");
    }
}

}

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.