Introducing the Camunda Community Hub

Hello everyone!

It’s a pleasure to meet you. My name is Rin, and I am the new Technical Community Builder here at Camunda. One of my goals in this role is to help facilitate conversation and bridge pathways between open source contributors, community extension Maintainers, software developers, the broader ecosystem as a whole, and of course, our team here at Camunda.

It’s my pleasure to introduce to you the project I’ve been working on these last few months, the Camunda Community Hub. The Camunda Community Hub is a GitHub Organization that serves as a single place to find Camunda open source community-contributed extensions. For maintainers, it’s a community of maintainers and Camunda employees that provides peer support, automation, and discoverability. The hub will also provide best practice guides and learning resources for maintainers. Any Camunda community maintainer can migrate their existing extension to the Camunda Community Hub, or can create a new community extension if they so choose.

Hosting your extension in the Hub will make it discoverable and available for all Camunda users to use in their own projects. We’ve put together some information regarding the benefits of joining the Camunda Community Hub, our approach to open source contributions and Maintainership moving forward, and the many ways we’re striving to empower our open source community.

Myself and @jwulf are also working together on building a Probot application for use in the Camunda Community Hub to streamline the issue labelling process, take away some of the manual lifting surrounding issue and PR triage, and much more.

Over the coming weeks, I’ll be reaching out to our amazing community extension Maintainers with more information on the Community Hub and the process of migrating your extensions into it, and some of you may have even already been contacted by @jwulf about this!

You can read all about the Camunda Community Hub in this blog post: https://camunda.com/blog/2021/03/introducing-the-camunda-community-hub/

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them, and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much to all of our amazing open source contributors, extension Maintainers, and community members. I look forward to building a thriving open source community here at Camunda alongside you, and am excited to see what we can achieve together! I look forward to empowering you on your journey to create amazing things.

3 Likes