How to interact with subprocesses in diagrams?

Hello, is there any way to interact with subprocesses in BPMN diagrams? I have read and understood the interaction example, and have also successfully implemented interaction with diagrams with no subprocesses. To be more specific, take a look at this picture:

In this diagram, i am unable to pick up on events such as clicking on or hovering over the ReceivePayment Task inside of the subprocess. I am of course able to pick up on interactions with the entire subprocess, but I would like to be able to do so for specific elements inside the subprocess. Any advice?

I am unable to pick up on events such as clicking on or hovering over the ReceivePayment Task inside of the subprocess.

That should not be the case. Flow elements inside container elements as sub processes should be interactable with like any other elements.

Which bpmn-js version are you using? Can you share a CodeSandbox which shows this behavior?

1 Like

It looks like you’ve added an overlay to the sub process that blocks interaction with its child elements. Is that the case?

This was exactly what my problem was! I applied the overlay to the entre sub process, not the individual elements inside, so I could only interact with the sub process. Pretty stupid of me. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the late reply!