How to add custom Icon drop

i have followed this

as i am trying to add type Other then triangle and circle

i see its calling registry.js so do we need to manually create type of shape in registry

1 Like

In bpmn-js every shape and connection has a businessObject property which is the actual model element with all the business logic. The error occurs because bpmn-js is trying to create a business object for your custom element but it doesn’t know how this is supposed to look like. In the custom elements example there is a custom element factory which makes sure that for custom elements like the triangle and the circle no business objects are created. If you’d want to do that you’d have to add the definitions of how this is supposed to look like. We have an example for this as well.

Hi Vikash, i am new to angular, by the help of this link, created a project “https://github.com/narve/angular-bpmn” .
i would like to know how you resolved the error shown in above image, as i am also getting the same error when i add new icon.Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

You have to write custom Renderer to draw custom Shape as Icon on Pallate and Icon on Canvas is two different things

in that Renderer when you are drwaing Shape you may use like this

‘al:Trigger’: function (parent, element) {
var url = ‘’;

var catGfx = svgCreate('image', {
  x: 0,
  y: 0,
  width: element.width,
  height: element.height,
  href: url
});

svgAppend(parent, catGfx);

return catGfx;