History Time to Live

Hi Team,

I have a question regarding History Time To Live behavior in Platform 7 Community. Edition.

When i define the “historyTimeToLive” from property file/yaml and then after the deployment of bpmn if execute any worklfow then all process instances and variables etc in respective history table has this column"removal_time_" populated based on the TTL provided by me.

Please note i have not specified cleanUpStrategy and hence as per document default is “RemovalTimeBased” and hence “removal_time_” has been populated for latest version executed processes.

I have also provided same property “History Time To Live” at individual BPMN level from property panel using Camunda modeler and have deployed that particular BPMN and executed the same after deployment. For that particular instance in history table i dont see the “removal_time_” populated.

My question is that is there any difference between default “cleanupStrategy” when we set the TTL at property File/Yaml as opposed to when we place it on individual process definition via Camunda Modeller?

It seems to me like since “removal_time_” is not populating for individual process def level TTL it means its taking it as “endTimeBased” by default.

Please enlighten me. I have a use case where i would need certain process instances to have diff TTL (Removal time based) and majority as another TTL (Removal time based).

It looks like your question is not related to our project or one of our toolkits. For questions regarding other tools please refer to their respective communication channels. If your question is about the Camunda platform or the Camunda Modeler, please head over to the Camunda forum for assistance.

Please provide more context if you are certain this is the right place to get an answer and we may be able to help you.

Thank you :sunny:

From camunda modeller when i clicked on “User forum” from Help tab it redirected me to here so i thought this forum also takes care of Camunda specific questions. Thanks for the update though; :slight_smile:

Oh, that’s not ideal. I will look into that. Thanks for letting us know! :sunflower:

Which version of the Camunda Modeler are you using? Did you click this link?

f7NrM8y4fP