Hacking custom property pages(s) in standalone modeler

Hi,

I would like to add application specific properties panels to the properties pages in the standalone modeler. I’ve cloned the camunda/camunda-modeler repository and “npm install” passed fine, but now I’m stuck not knowing how to actually start the modeler (using OS X). Is there any document that describes how to get started hacking on camunda-modeler?

In general, I want to achieve what apparently has been tried in the web-based modeler by other people: I want to provide the person working on a model with a way to parametrize our service tasks easily, and without having to resort to scripts to set variables. Maybe someone else has a solution for this already in the standalone modeler?

Thanks for any hints!
Hans

To answer my own question: After I installed gulp (npm -g install gulp) and electron (npm install -g electron-prebuilt) globally, I was able to both generate my own packaged version (gulp distro:darwin) as well as run it directly (gulp serve). To work on the JavaScript code and quickly see effects of changes that I make, I found that “gulp auto-build” does the right thing.

Thus, I’m all set for hacking away on the modeler, sorry for the noise.

Hans

We are glad you could help yourself :sunny:.