Extending Tabs in properties panel

Here is what I am trying to do I created a custom service task and I need to create Name and Value fields in the extension tab and populate values to it.

Just like clicking the add button(+).

From the UI based on the onClickevent in the propertypanel.js some actions are executed to do it?

Please let me know how to do from scripts ? Thanks in advance !!

Hi @n.saravanaganesh,

are you familiar with creating your own PropertiesProvider? I’d suggest to have a look at this example.

Hi @Niklas_Kiefer I looked at the example it completely gets me a new properties panel. I want to inherit the existing and just customize the extension tab of the camunda properties provider but adding few field. One other question is we have Bpmn and Camunda properties provider how do we switch back and forth. I am just a beginner in the JS area.

Ideally I want to simulate the onclick action of the below button and populate camunda properties

I want to inherit the existing and just customize the extension tab of the camunda properties provider but adding few field

So why not simply extending the CamundaPropertiesProvider with your custom modifications? You can have a look at this one on how to inherit a properties provider.

One other question is we have Bpmn and Camunda properties provider how do we switch back and forth

That’s currently not an easy trick. The better way would be to just to include all the fields you need in your custom properties provider.