Elements and property panel in modeler are invisible in iOS Safari

Hello!

In our app we’re using bpmn-js/lib/Modeler + bpmn-js-properties-panel (bpmn-js-properties-panel/lib/provider/camunda + camunda-bpmn-moddle)

There are some iOS users of our app who report that they can’t drag and drop elements from palette to workspace. In videos they sent us we can see that in some cases 1) pools and child elements are completely invisible and in some cases 2) elements really could not be placed at workspace for some unknown reason

I don’t have any Mac notebook with same symptomatology and I just can’t debug it, that’s why I decided to ask the community: is it a known bug of modeler, are there known cases of this trouble? And if not, is there a way the one can debug this kind of bugs without having any access to target device?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

In our app we’re using bpmn-js/lib/Modeler + bpmn-js-properties-panel (bpmn-js-properties-panel/lib/provider/camunda + camunda-bpmn-moddle)

Just as a note: to simplify your setup, you could also use the camunda-bpmn-js package, which is a distributions that bundles the Modeler, the properties panel and then for example CamundaPlatform (camunda-bpmn-moddle) language model (alternatively: CamundaCloud based on zeebe-bpmn-moddle). This could help to simplify your setup.

Did you do any customizations?

There are some iOS users of our app who report that they can’t drag and drop elements from palette to workspace.

The video you linked shows a macOS and not iOS (mobile operating system). I assume we are talking about a macOS issue here right?

There are some iOS users

Could you please add information about what browser they are using? Also I would ask the users to try to switch to a different browser (see if that solves the issue).

In videos they sent us we can see that in some cases 1) pools and child elements are completely invisible and in some cases 2) elements really could not be placed at workspace for some unknown reason

• From the video it appears that the diagram is broken, could you please the used diagram (bpmn xml)?
  • If possible, code snippets / a working example, would make it easier to help.