Dynamically add input/ouput parameters to service task

Hi,
I was trying to customize the bpmn js properties panel. My requirement is when user enters a Java class value in service task I want to add some input/output parameter based on the java class value to the businessObject so that user doesn’t have to manually fill it in the input/output tab.

I’m extending the existing propertiesProviderModule and has done some customization, but I’m not able to find a way to dynamically add parameters to existing businessObject.UpdateBusinessObject

Thanks,
Soumya

Did you look into element templates? They serve exactly this purpose (just on a little bit more general level).

Thanks, for the reply. The above link seems to be only applicable to the desktop modeler. I’m working on the the web based modeler.

Found the solution by tinkering around the property panel source code.

Would you mind sharing your solution? :wink:

1 Like

Hi Nikku,

I am also looking the same solution for standalone modeler. of course this is very easy to manage with element templates.
But the requirement is like that we have different templates. One of the templates has one more dropdown. Now when user select the values from
custom field dropdown, need to populate the predefined Input/Output parameters in I/O tab of properties panel. So, developer should not have to add it manually.

Can you please guide me that how it can be achieve in the standalone modeler?

Hi @soumya2080 / @nikku,

I have same requirement. Can you or someone point me to the right direction what I should do to achieve the above?

Thanks,
Hitesh