CustomRenderer, change selection border

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to customize the border of an element when it is selected. I have been trying to find a way to do this but have not had any success so far.

Use case: We need to display a certain event similar to a task.

Minimalistic example:
CodeSandBox
Screenshot 2024-03-19 081659

I appreciate any help or advice you can provide. Thank you in advance!

So far, I have not been able to find a solution. I have tried debugging the application and overriding classes like ‘SelectionVisuals’. Is it possible that this is purely CSS based? Can someone from the development team confirm if this is even possible and which direction i have to look? I am more than happy to implement it myself.

Additional information that might help to clarify the use case:
We are working with a legacy system that sends me XML data. In the XML, there is a specific event with an additional attribute. Depending on the presence of this attribute, I need to display the event as a certain type of task, otherwise it should be displayed as the usual event. I have managed the XML extension, rendering, label creation, etc., but I am unsure of how to change the border in case of selection.

Thank you in advance for any help or information on this matter!

The solution is to create a CustomOutlineProvider as mentioned in Custom outlines for custom shapes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.