Connection shape

I would like to make the connections to “Data Object Reference” element and “Data Store Reference” the same as that when connecting tasks and gates together instead of a straight line, how can i do it ?

thanks

in simple words i want to convert data input association to sequence flow

I found the solution by doing the following:
I modified the BPMNLayouter.js file as follows

Original code:

if (is(connection, 'bpmn:Association') ||
      is(connection, 'bpmn:DataAssociation')) {

if (waypoints && !isCompensationAssociation(source, target)) {
      return [].concat([ connectionStart ], waypoints.slice(1, -1), [ connectionEnd ]);
    }
  }

var layout = isDirectionHorizontal(source) ? PREFERRED_LAYOUTS_HORIZONTAL : PREFERRED_LAYOUTS_VERTICAL;

if (is(connection, 'bpmn:MessageFlow')) {
    manhattanOptions = getMessageFlowManhattanOptions(source, target, layout);
  } else if (is(connection, 'bpmn:SequenceFlow') || isCompensationAssociation(source, target)) {

if (source === target) {
      manhattanOptions = {
        preferredLayouts: getLoopPreferredLayout(source, connection, layout)
      };
    } else if (is(source, 'bpmn:BoundaryEvent')) {
      manhattanOptions = {

after modification

var layout = isDirectionHorizontal(source) ? PREFERRED_LAYOUTS_HORIZONTAL : PREFERRED_LAYOUTS_VERTICAL;

if (is(connection, 'bpmn:MessageFlow')) {
    manhattanOptions = getMessageFlowManhattanOptions(source, target, layout);
  } else  {

if (source === target) {
      manhattanOptions

So basically, I removed the “if” condition that checks if the connection is DataAssociation or Association and removed the last condition in the if-else statement so that all the connections other than message flow are treated the same.

however, now I am facing an issue with the styling as the lines are dashed instead of solid lines. any recommendation ?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.