Can I have different actions for different tables inside the same digram (dmn-js)?

Let 's say that I have a DRD that includes two decision tables, A and B.

Is there a way (easy?) in dmn-js for me to load this diagram in modeler mode, so that in decision table A the user can do different actions from decision table B.

For example, in Decision Table A, a user would not be allowed to add rules but he could add inputs/outputs while in decision table B, user WILL be allowed to add rules and also add inputs/outpus?

Hi @lampropoi and welcome to the forum,

how do you plan to decide, whether a table would allow a certain option or not?

I think there is no easy way to do this. You would need to customize or hack something. For example you could for the respective action not perform an action if a certain condition is met (for example in AddInput)

Regards
Max

1 Like

Thank you @maxtru for the reply :slight_smile:

Imagine that I would have a list of specific users that are allowed to do specific actions in table A, and others in B… So based on their profile can do different actions. Ideally, if a user is not allowed to add an input in decision table A, no + button should be displayed on the headers of the table and in the menu appeared on right click, the option should not be available.

I am looking for a more generalised solution, and currently the only one I can think of is to write my own customised tables/expressions components and load them instead of the ones that dmn-js loads.

I am looking for a more generalised solution, and currently the only one I can think of is to write my own customised tables/expressions components and load them instead of the ones that dmn-js loads.

Yes, I think so too. So it is definetly possible (also in a generalized way :slight_smile: ) but it will require some customization.