Building new modeler, developer notes

I want to build a new modeler on top of diagramjs. Are there developer notes in addition to what is available in bpmn.io walkthrough, this looks to high level for me?

Hi,

Think, best would be to look at bpmn-js or cmmn-js implementations (Viewer and Modeler classes, as a starting points), as a base example of diagram-js usage for a new library/modeler.
All these projects have extensive test coverage (as well as per module, in-code docs) that should give you an additional hints on how to use them.

PR for documentation and examples are always welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Vladimir

Hi,
Thanks for quick response. May be I try to put in my questions so that I get some hints
I see that the bpmn moddle requires the xsd’s and jsons. Can the jsons be generated from xsds or this has to be done manually?

Thanks and Regards
Rajender

Hi Rajender,

The original json definitions for bpmn-moddle have been generated using bpmn-io/cmof-parser for cmof definitions provided by OMG.

So there is nothing yet, that I am aware of, that would automatically convert xsd to moddle definition.

N.B. Moddle actually requires only json definitions.

Cheers,
Vladimir

HI Valdimir,
I started work on the new modeler… I added a shape to the pallette, but I see that when the shape is selected in pallette, the tooltip for drop is disabled. When is the tooltip for drop enabled?

So basically, the question is after selecting on the pallete an shape, and the mouse is moved on top of canvas, when is it disabled to creat that shape? what could be wrong?

Thanks and Regards
Rajender

OK found the issue. The rules (canCreate ) was returning false.