Async selectEntry in properties panel

bpmn-js-properties-panel 1.9 which is a very nice development, unfortunately only allows a select component with predefined options - but i need to load certain values depending on another flag asynchronously.

i was following this instructions: bpmn-js-examples/README.md at master · bpmn-io/bpmn-js-examples · GitHub

a getOptions method has to be passed to the selectEntry component, which returns an array of options - it would be great to be abele to return a promise instead.

my questions:

1. is there a way to deal with async select options in properties panel?
  2. i noticed properties panel is based on preact and i tried to develop my own select-component but it does not accept customised components, when passed in a custom propertiesProviderModule. is there a way to provide custom preact components here?
  3. another question juts at the edge: i try to integrate bpmn.io/proerties_panel in my react application. it is not the optimal approach to run a preact app inside a react app. what is the proper way to integrate properties panel in a react application?

thank you in advance!
florian

Did you already check out this example?

I noticed properties panel is based on preact and i tried to develop my own select-component but it does not accept customised components, when passed in a custom propertiesProviderModule. is there a way to provide custom preact components here?

Unfortunately, that’s currently not possible (cf. Make it possible to commit groups / entries / whatever in a non-preact manner · Issue #6 · bpmn-io/properties-panel · GitHub)

another question juts at the edge: i try to integrate bpmn.io/proerties_panel in my react application. it is not the optimal approach to run a preact app inside a react app. what is the proper way to integrate properties panel in a react application?

The question was asked several times in the forum already. There is currently no dedicated example for this, but was solved by community members (cf. this issue (additional context) to get some inspiration).

thank you niklas - i tried this example, which is not working because of react/preact conflicts. but i am folloing the path you showed me regarding react.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.