I’m currently seeking a tool for implementing a BPMN 2.0 derivate I would like to develop and that’s how I found Camunda Modeler and bpmn-io/bpmn-js.
I checked through different source of information available regarding the tools (github, youtube, forum, …) but was quite confused in the end.
What I would like to do:
- Derive a new standalone specification from BPMN 2.0 (such as BPMN 2.1 or BPMN 2 Extended)
- Derive and integrate a new flow type
- Add new tasks types in addition to the exisiting ones with a respective identifying marker
- Add new markers to sub-processes and tasks
- Add new elements with respective graphical representations and attributes
This this should be complient to the way BPMN 2.0 is specified.
As far as I understood the tools in general would provide such an option, yet it is highly confusing how this would be achieved and which tools to be used.
The example at github for bpmn-js somehow is related to bmpn-moddle, unfortunately it only covers the extension of the BPMN spec and I did not fully understand how or why to apply bpmn-moddle and which tools are most suitable to achieved the required modifications in a conventient way.
Could you please give me some feedback if this tool / these tools are suitable for the intended task and how to do it?