Missing Module Events

Hey,

I have just recently tried to update my projects bpmn dependencies to a newer version. Below is the old and new versions that I updated in my package.json. When building the index.js from grunt if I remove the debug:true flag from the browserify options it looks like browserify fails to pull in the module ‘events’ which to me looks like a base node module that should be pulled in since it’s now referenced in the ScrollTabs code.

I am very new to grunt / browserify and even node but I thought browserify pulled in the relevant node dependencies to allow for the client code to actually utilize the modules. The gruntfile that I am running is a copy of https://github.com/bpmn-io/bpmn-js-examples/blob/master/properties-panel-extension/Gruntfile.js and we made a minor change to rename the js file that is outputted.

Old Version:

"dependencies": {
    "bpmn-js": "^0.13.0",
    "bpmn-js-properties-panel": "^0.5.0",
    "diagram-js": "^0.13.0",
    "jquery": "^2.1.1",
    "lodash": "^3.0.0"
  }

New Version:

"dependencies": {
    "bpmn-js": "^0.14.0",
    "bpmn-js-properties-panel": "^0.6.0",
    "diagram-js": "^0.14.0",
    "inherits": "^2.0.1",
    "jquery": "^2.1.1",
    "lodash": "^3.0.0"
  }

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick

I cannot reproduce the issue you are having with the current properties-panel-extension example.

The steps I undertook to reproduce what you are saying are:

cd properties-panel-extension-example
npm install
grunt auto-build

The website spawned runs absolutely fine.

Anything I am missing?

Regards,
Nico

In the Gruntfile that is being referenced by the grunt auto-build do you have the browserify option debug set to true or false? If it’s set to true this all works but when I switch it to false it fails to pull in the events module.

It works with debug: false, too.