How to update bpmn-js to the latest version?

Hi, I am using BPMN.js node module version 3.05 and I am looking to update it to the latest version. The version I am using is 3 years old and I can see there are lot of releases after that.

I have a react app. I am wondering what is the best way to do it. If someone can let me know any instructions, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Did you already try to simply update + npm install the latest version in your project’s package.json? Did you get any problems? Simply try-and-error is the best approach here I guess :slightly_smiling_face:

The Changelog is indicating breaking changes with any major version. Coming from bpmn-js@v3 maybe the change to promises is the biggest API change - but it’s backward compatible though.

2 Likes

@Niklas_Kiefer Yes, I manually updated the version to the latest. We have defined a few custom types for tasks element. When I add new task and try to change the task type I get Error: Provider is not registered: bpmn-replace.

PopupMenu…/src/components/xx/XxCustomReplaceMenuProvider.js.WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1_diagram_js_lib_features_popup_menu_PopupMenu.a.open

if (!provider) {> 77 |      throw new Error('Provider is not registered: ' + id);  78 |   }

Any idea what should be the problem here?

For further assistance, please share a CodeSandbox that reproduces your issue in a way that we can inspect it.