Details group not rendering or missing under General Tab

I using the custom property panel example given in Github. Using this example I noticed I didn’t get any information regarding the Details group inside the General tab despite there is the code inside general tab creation,

function createGeneralTabGroups(element, bpmnFactory, canvas, elementRegistry, translate) {

var generalGroup = {
    id: 'general',
    label: 'General',
    entries: []
  };
  idProps(generalGroup, element, translate);
  nameProps(generalGroup, element, bpmnFactory, canvas, translate);
  processProps(generalGroup, element, translate);

var detailsGroup = {
    id: 'details',
    label: 'Details',
  };
  linkProps(detailsGroup, element, translate);
  eventProps(detailsGroup, element, bpmnFactory, elementRegistry, translate);

var documentationGroup = {
    id: 'documentation',
    label: 'Documentation',
  };

documentationProps(documentationGroup, element, bpmnFactory, translate);

return[
    generalGroup,
    detailsGroup,
    documentationGroup
  ];
}

In output,

Why is the details group not rendering? I want to show properties of details group, is there any other ways to render it, for example below from BPMN standalone application,

After debugging my code, the default custom property panel code Details group contains not any entry in the array of any element,

Given the code snippet you shared

var detailsGroup = {
    id: 'details',
    label: 'Details',
  };
  linkProps(detailsGroup, element, translate);
  eventProps(detailsGroup, element, bpmnFactory, elementRegistry, translate);

it seems like you are only adding details props for Links and other Events. The element you have selected is a connection. Therefore the details group is empty, because there were no properties found for the selected element.

For example, the LinkProps are only revealing properties, when the current element is an intermediate event. If you want to have the conditional props for connections, you will have to add it (like we do in the CamundaPropertiesProvider).

You made my day. Thanks a lot. Now I understanding a little bit more about it. Have a nice day.

1 Like