Add new Bpmn element to the palette

Hello,

I want to add new customized BPMN elements to the palette.

As example, I want to have two different task elements (bpmn:Task and bpmn:newTask) , each one with a different color (green and blue as example) in the palette.

I already see the custom elements example., but it is not what I want. I need to have the same bpmn elements with different colors in the palette and either in the modeler.

Is it possible?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Hey,

did you check out our colors example? You could get and filter all elements of a specific type (task / custom task) and add a color to it.

In the palette we are using icons from the bpmn font which are not designed to have filled color. What you could do is to define a background color for the div container of the icon. Would that be a solution?

Hi,
Thank you for your response
In addition to Bpmn:Task element i want to add in the palette an other Task with propreties Bpmn:newTask so i would to have in the palette 2 task element with differente colors. how can i create Bpmn:newTask ?
Thank you in advance

Hi,

maybe I misunderstood you. What do you want to achieve? Do you need BPMN tasks which have different colors (in the palette and on the canvas)?

Creating a whole new BPMN element is not the right approach, because it is already defined in the BPMN standard, which elements exist (bpmn:Task for example). I would rather go for a custom property which defines the color.

1 Like